By associating an encryption rule with a monitored folder in a library, you can customize the encryption options of specific groups of files contained in one of library folders. To associate an encryption rule with a monitored folder in a library:
- Click on the menu icon in the top-left corner of your account’s homepage to access your DASHBOARD.
- Access the DATA LOSS PREVENTION section.
- Click on the name of the monitored folder in the library.
- Click on ADD NEW.
- Give the rule a name by entering it in the related field.
- In the MICROSOFT TENANT ID section, enter the id of the Microsoft tenant, i.e. the id that identifies the company to which the SharePoint/One Drive sites are associated, available within your Azure account.
- In the ACTIVATION CRITERIA section, enter a regular expression for the NAME parameter to filter the encryption of the files in the monitored folder according to the NAME. For info on the regular expression syntax, see this site.
- In the ENCRYPTION RULES SETTINGS section, choose where to keep the files encrypted from the File Encryptor by choosing an option from:
- KEEP FILES IN PREFERRED STORAGE SOLUTION – option to keep the encrypted file in .bbe format on the storage of origin, such as SharePoint or OneDrive.
- STORE IN BOOLEBOX – option to upload the encrypted file to BooleBox and to maintain a placeholder in .bbl format on the original storage.
- In the CONFLICT MANAGER section, define the behaviour of the program in the event that data conflicts occur choosing from the following modes:
– REPLACE: when enabled, this option causes the new encrypted file to be overwritten.
– KEEP BOTH: when enabled, this option creates a copy of the encrypted file in the monitored library.
– DENY: when enabled, this option prevents further encryption of an already existing file.
- In the SELECT CLASSIFICATION area, select the classification tag with which to regulate access to files encrypted by the File Encryptor in the monitored folder.
- Click on SAVE to complete the operation.
Note: it is possible to create different rules to monitor the same folder in the same library only if the encryption rules will be combined with different companies. In other words, the operation will not be allowed.
Note: if the path of the inserted folder doesn’t exist, an error message will appear indicating that the operation has failed.