By setting a functional account for a user, you can allow selected users to access to another user profile and make actions on behalf of the assumed user. In order to set a functional account for a user, perform the following actions:
- Click on the menu icon in the top-left corner of your account’s homepage to access your DASHBOARD.
- Access the USERS section.
- Click on the three-point menu to the right of the profile you want to stand in.
- Click on FUNCTIONAL ACCOUNT.
- In the window that is going to pop up on your screen, enter the usernames of users or the user group you want to allow to play the functional account role for the selected user. Note: if you allow a group to stand in for a user, all the users that are part of the group entered will be able to stand in for the selected user.
- Enter in the FUNCTIONAL ACCOUNT ADMINISTRATORS the users or groups of users who will be able to assign other users the right to administer the Functional Account for this profile.
- Click on CONFIRM to complete the operation.
- Actions carried on by users on behalf of the assumed user will be visualised in the AUDITING section and they will show both the name of the assumed user and the name of the user who completed the operation.
- If the account that is being assigned is a Functional Account Admin, the user that is granted access obtains all the management rights of that user, such as adding or removing other related functional accounts.
The FUNCTIONAL ACCOUNT option must not be used for BooleBox On-Premises instances configured according to Common Criteria EAL2+ specifications.