By adding a task to a file, you can simplify the collaboration between you and other users by synchronizing the deadlines of the activities related to the selected file. To add a task to a file:
- Select the TASK AND COMMENTS item.
- Enter an explanatory text of the task you are assigning.
- Select the VISIBILITY of the task by choosing one of the following options: PRIVATE (visible only to you), PUBLIC (visible to all your collaborators), VISIBLE ONLY TO (visible only to the assignees).
- Select the NOTIFY BY E-MAIL option to send an e-mail to all users who have the file by notifying the addition of it.
- Select the item MAKE IT A TASK.
- Insert in the ASSIGNEES area the e-mail addresses of the users to whom you want to assign the task, a date and a EXPIRY time within which the task must be completed.Note: if the task VISIBILITY is set as PRIVATE, the ASSIGNEES area will not be available.
- Click on CONFIRM.
- The task has now been entered and assigned to the user indicated. When the user has selected the appropriate checkbox to indicate the completion of the task, you will see the task as crossed out and you will receive an e-mail notification.
Note: the task can only be completed by the assignees indicated in the specific field. If unauthorized users attempt to complete the task, they will be blocked by an error message indicating the permissions of the user about the selected task.