By adding a comment to a file, you can share information with other users that is useful for collaboration regarding the selected file. To add a comment to a file:
- Select the TASK AND COMMENTS item.
- In the side panel that is going to appear on your screen, enter the text of your comment into the appropriate field.
- Select the VISIBILITY you want to assign to the comment from the blue drop-down menu, choosing one of the following options: PRIVATE (visible only to you), PUBLIC (visible to all your collaborators), VISIBLE ONLY TO (visible only to the assignees).
- Select the NOTIFY BY E-MAIL option to send an e-mail to all users who are authorized to view the comment, notifying the addition of it.
- Click on CONFIRM.
- The comment has now been added and will be visible to all users you selected. You can edit or delete the comment through the related icons next to the comment.
Note: in order for a comment to be visible to your collaborators, you must have shared the file with them. If you try to add a comment to a not shared file, you will be blocked by an error message inviting to verify the sharing.