Windows authentication (NTLM, Kerberos)
If problems concerning authentication through the Windows Authentication system arise, it is necessary to verify:
- CREDENTIAL FAULTS – the user credentials entered to log in must be correct and in particular coincide with the credentials of your Windows account.
- CREDENTIAL VALIDITY – the credentials used to perform the Windows Authentication must be valid: it is therefore advisable to check that they have not expired and that the user has not been blocked or disabled in the ACTIVE DIRECTORY company domain.
- WEB SERVER APP – the servers on which the BooleBox Web App has been installed must be entered in the corporate Active Directory Domain; in addition, the Windows Authentication option must be enabled in the IIS configuration of the BooleBox and RestApi sites (a necessary condition to use Windows Authentication).
Should problems regarding the Strong Authentication option arise, according to the Strong Authentication system used, it is necessary to check:
- SITEMINDER SERVER – the server provided by the service provider must be functional and reachable online. In case of problems, please contact the service manager for further changes.
- DATAPOWER SHARED KEY – the SHARED KEY generated by the DATAPOWER system must be corrected to ensure that the session cookies are decrypted.