If problems related to MySQL Database arise, it is necessary to verify:
- SERVER IP ADDRESS AND CONNECTION PORT – the IP address of the server in which it is present the database must be reachable on the network using the TCP/IP protocol and accompanied by the relevant port. If the server in question is protected by a specific firewall, it is necessary to open the TCP/IP ports in accordance with the firewall rules, to allow the server to be reached in any case. In particular, the IP address to be entered in the DATABASE SERVER ADDRESS field must be in the serveripaddress:3306 format. If the connection port differs from the standard port (3306), it is necessary to indicate the port used in the IP address.
- DATABASE NAME – BooleBox On-Premises requires to insert in the DATABASE CATALOG NAME field the name of the database of the platform, which will be used for storing all the configuration data, the logs and the file encryption keys. For a correct functioning of the platform itself, it is therefore necessary to verify that the name of the database entered is correct and corresponds to that of the DB created in the configuration phase, as indicated in the CONTROL PANEL > DATABASE section of this guide.
- NAME AND PASSWORD OF DATABASE USER – for the connection to the database to take place correctly, it is necessary to indicate in the DATABASE USER and DATABASE PASSWORD fields the username and password of the user who will have access to the database. It is therefore necessary to check that the previous parameters have been entered correctly.
- MYSQL SERVICE STATUS – check on the server where the DB has been installed that the MySQL service is active and running.
- SERVER RESOURCES – in order to allow the database to work correctly, the server on which the DB has been installed must have the necessary resources (RAM and disk space). In the event that problems regarding the MySQL DB arise, using the tools made available by the operating system installed on the server itself (Windows Server or Linux), verify that the available resources are sufficient and in particular corresponding to the ones listed in the INSTALLATION > INSTALLATION PREREQUISITES section.