If you intend to use the Boole Server repository you will not need to make any changes in the updates repository field. Otherwise, if you want to use your own repository, you will need to click on CHANGE and enter the address of the local repository as per the Update Repository guide.
At this point all the nodes of the Boolebox infrastructure must be entered. By clicking on ADD the following screen will appear where you can enter:
- Node id: the unique identifier of the node
- Node address: the ip address or hostname of the node
Note: it is not possible to add nodes with the same identifier or ip address or add a node not reachable from the console. The updater service must be installed and running on each node before starting the Console configuration.
When you have finished entering all the nodes present in the Boolebox infrastructure, click OK.
Below is an example of the compiled node table:
The Edit button only allows you to change the Node Id of a particular node, if you also want to change the IP address you must necessarily delete the node and re-enter it.
Following each modification and confirmation of the settings, a check of the nodes inserted is automatically carried out and then the repository is checked.
At the end of the check we will find ourselves in the main console screen. The main window shows:
- The REFRESH button / icon through which you can request the update of information regarding the server components installed on the different nodes;
- The SETTINGS button through which you can access the application configuration;
- The UPDATE menu that allows you to perform updates.
The main element of the screen is the components table which contains the following information:
- The node id
- The ip address / hostname of the node
- The name of the component
- The current version of the component
- The version of the update available
- The current state of the component
- The allowed states are: Updated, Update required, Error and Critical.
States that will be explained in detail later in the section Management of the different statuses.