It is a folder or a network location (http / shared folder) containing the installation packages of the Boolebox server components.
Through the repository, the Console is able to retrieve and send the installation packages to the individual Updater.
There are two types of repositories:
- cloud managed by Boole Server in which boole server technicians will put the packages released by the company, the cloud repository is available at the following link https://bbonprem.booleserver.com/updater
- local at the customer for on-prem solutions which can be of two types:
- published on internal server over HTTPS
- published on a network folder
- in a local folder on the server / pc where the console is installed
The format of the address of the local repository must be \\servername\networkshare or https://internalserveraddress.
In the case of a repository managed by Boole Server, no additional operations are required; in the case of a repository at the customer’s, the following actions must be performed:
- Download the component packages to be updated. There are two files to download for each component: the package zip file and the package signature txt file
- Remove the old versions of the components to be installed
- Copy the newly downloaded packages to your chosen repository
- Download the update index (updates.txt) from the Boole Server site and copy it to the repository
- Contact Boole Server support for more information on how to download the necessary files
Note: on first use, all components (both the zip and txt file) available at the Boole Server online repository including the index must be downloaded.