By assigning a user the permission to access a remote drive, you can share access to any local or network folder accessible from the BooleBox Storage Service component, i.e. the BooleBox application dedicated to uploading documents to the platform. To share the access to a remote drive with a user:
- Click on the menu icon in the top-left corner of your account’s homepage to access your DASHBOARD.
- Access the USERS section.
- Click on the name of the user to whom you want to grant access to the remote drive.
- In the REMOTE DRIVE area, enter the path of the local or network folder for which you want to grant the access.
- Click on the + ADD NEW button.
- Click on SAVE.
- The selected user will now display the folder indicated in the file manager.
Note: it is not possible to assign a Personal Key to folders shared through a remote drive.
Note: the remote drive option is available only for BooleBox On-Premises licenses.
Note: to delete sharing by remote drive, simply click on the recycle bin icon located next to the shared folder path.</b
Note: for BooleBox On-Premises instances configured in accordance with Common Criteria EAL2 + certification specifications, the remote drive to which access is allowed must remain within the local network in which the TOE was installed and under the control of the TOE administrator, as required by the OE.STORAGE security objective indicated in the COMMON CRITERIA EAL2+ CERTIFIED VERSION section of this guide.