Applying a Personal Key
The personal encryption key (Personal Key) is an encryption key of your choice with which to encrypt the files uploaded to BooleBox a second time.
Note: the personal encryption key will be known only to you: for this reason, when applied to a file or folder, it will no longer be possible to access it without the key set.
To apply a Personal Key to a file or folder:
- Tap the screen on the three-point vertical menu next to the file or folder to which you want to apply the Personal Key.
- Select the PERSONAL KEY item.
- Enter the Personal Key in the appropriate fields, the confirmation of the Personal Key and a personal suggestion to help you remember the Personal Key set if you need it.
- Click on CONFIRM.
- The file/folder is now protected by the Personal key: the relative icon will show a key and to access the file content you will need to enter your personal encryption key.
Note: it is not possible to enter the Personal Key as a suggestion.
Opening files or folders protected by Personal Key
If you have applied a Personal Key to a file or folder, to open the contents stored in it, you will need to enter the personal encryption key you set for that file. To open a file or folder protected by Personal Key:
- Tap the screen on the file or folder you want to open.
- In the window that appears on your screen, enter the Personal Key.
- Click on SHOW.